Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Leftovers again? No problem! Half the meals I make are thrown together from leftovers, and I'm always at least as pleased by them as I am by the original. I hope you enjoy this as well. Remove the chicken and this salad becomes vegetarian.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced in 2 x1/4 matchsticks
- 1 apple, chopped
- 3 stalks celery & leaves
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 raisins
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Shake all dressing ingredients together in a jar and set aside while you mix the salad.
- Remove leaves from celery and chop finely with parsley. Slice stalks on the diagonal and mix with other salad ingredients.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve immediately.