Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a nice summertime salad. Courtesy of Woman's World
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) packageclassic coleslaw mix, from produce dept
- 2 red apples, cored,chopped,about 3 cups
- 2 celery ribs, sliced,1 cup
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
- Combine sour cream, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt& pepper.
- In large bowl combine coleslaw mix, apples, celery, raisins and walnuts; add sour cream mixture; toss to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hrs or overnight.
- Toss before serving.
I had high hopes for this but it didn't go over well.
Lovely salad adds a new dimension to a regular slaw. I cut back on the sour cream and only made a 4 ortion serving salad - had no problem. The apple and celery gives crunch to the salad. It is a tasty, refeshing salad Thanks for posting it Boca Pat
I served this with our Easter dinner and it was so good! I omitted the raisins and used pink lady apples. I also used light sour cream and Splenda instead of sugar. I will be making this one again. Thanks for sharing. :)