Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe originally came from Ellie Krieger's show on Food Network. I made just a couple of changes. We loved this for a light summer dinner!
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape, sliced in 1/2
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (include leaves)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 5 leaves romaine lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
- 5 low-fat whole wheat tortillas
- Place the yogurt in a strainer lined with a paper towel.
- Put the strainer over a bowl and place in the refrigerator to drain and thicken for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the thickened yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and thyme until smooth.
- Fold in chicken, grapes, walnuts, celery and apples.
- Season with pepper.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on a wrap. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the chicken filling onto wrap and roll wrap around filling.
I absolutely love to make chicken salad for myself with fruit added in and this one is another hit! I particularly like the fact that it is not only tasty but healthy to boot! I used red grapes and only wrapped in the lettuce leaves to eat, but I know I would enjoy it even more with the tortillas.............but dh is Low carbing, so I haven't bought any lately. Thanks Katie for sharing this one!