This is a lighter version of Waldorf salad made with a tarragon-Dijon vinaigrette. The addition of chicken pieces makes it suitable for lunch or a light dinner served with rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1To make the dressing, whisk the vinegar with the Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 2While whisking, drizzle in the oil.
- 3Stir in the tarragon.
- 4To make the salad, toss the chicken with the apple, celery and onion in a bowl.
- 5Add 1/4 cup of the dressing or enough to coat.
- 6Add the pecans, taste and add more dressing if you wish.
- 7Serve on a bed of lettuce (I use romaine.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waldorf Chicken Salad With Tarragon Dijon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.4
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 240.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
fresh tarragon leaves