Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lighter version of Waldorf salad made with a tarragon-Dijon vinaigrette. The addition of chicken pieces makes it suitable for lunch or a light dinner served with rolls.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1⁄2 small granny smith apple, very thinly sliced into wedges
- 1 celery, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- To make the dressing, whisk the vinegar with the Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- While whisking, drizzle in the oil.
- Stir in the tarragon.
- To make the salad, toss the chicken with the apple, celery and onion in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the dressing or enough to coat.
- Add the pecans, taste and add more dressing if you wish.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce (I use romaine.).