I LOVE the flavor combination in a classic Waldorf Salad, so I created this salad, which has become my favorite chicken salad. It's also good with pecans if you don't have walnuts. Good, firm apples are an important component of this recipe.
- Mix all the fruits and vegetables together.
- Toss lightly with the lemon juice.
- Stir in walnuts, chicken and mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours to allow flavors to meld.
Absolutely wonderful! I made this as directed with a red delicious apple (what I had on hand) and red grapes. It was truly delicious and loved everything about it. Thanks for sharing this great keeper. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
This was a delicious salad for our dinner last night! I used a Fuji apple, green grapes and added some hot sauce to the mix. We're eating leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
i picked this one because i love the juice-factor from the grapes (much better than raisons). I followed the recipe exactly, except used canned, drained chicken. absolutely delicious!!