Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I LOVE the flavor combination in a classic Waldorf Salad, so I created this salad, which has become my favorite chicken salad. It's also good with pecans if you don't have walnuts. Good, firm apples are an important component of this recipe.
- 2 -4 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup chopped apple (Fugi or Granny Smith work best)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all the fruits and vegetables together.
- Toss lightly with the lemon juice.
- Stir in walnuts, chicken and mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours to allow flavors to meld.
Absolutely wonderful! I made this as directed with a red delicious apple (what I had on hand) and red grapes. It was truly delicious and loved everything about it. Thanks for sharing this great keeper. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
This was a delicious salad for our dinner last night! I used a Fuji apple, green grapes and added some hot sauce to the mix. We're eating leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
i picked this one because i love the juice-factor from the grapes (much better than raisons). I followed the recipe exactly, except used canned, drained chicken. absolutely delicious!!