Recipe by Derf
Hot and quick Chicken Waldorf Salad
Top Review by mer@
Between my mother and myself, we have prepared this dish several times and it is very tasty! We have used various apples, as well: Granny Smith, MacIntosh and Gala. I think the MacIntosh adds the nicest flavor to the other ingredients. Don't be afraid to try this, you won't be disappointed!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (6 ounce) can apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 small apples, cored and sliced, not peeled
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 2 green onions, about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and dry chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a frypan combine apple juice and bouillon granules.
- Bring to boil, add chicken.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken.
- Add apples, celery, onions and raisins.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and slice, top with apple slices, cover.
- Stir together cornstarch, nutmeg and 2 tablespoons cold water.
- Add to frypan, cook and stir until bubbly, cook, stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Pour over chicken.