1/33 Photos of Waldorf-Astoria Red Velvet Cake
I haven't even tried it, but it looks good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (heaping)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1Cream shortening, sugar and eggs.
- 2Make a paste of food coloring and cocoa.
- 3Add to creamed mixture.
- 4Add buttermilk alternating with flour and salt.
- 5Add vanilla.
- 6Add soda to vinegar, and blend into the batter.
- 7Pour into 3 or 4 greased and floured 8" cake pans.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 24-30 minutes.
- 9Split layers fill and frost with the following frosting.
- 10Frosting: Add milk to flour slowly, avoiding lumps.
- 11Cook flour and milk until very thick, stirring constantly.
- 12Cool completely.
- 13Cream sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- 14Add to cooked mixture.
- 15Beat, high speed, until very fluffy.
- 16Looks and tastes like whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waldorf-Astoria Red Velvet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.0
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 478.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g