Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Make and share this Waldorf Astoria Beef Stew - Crock Pot (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs sirloin beef, cut up (raw)
- 2 cups potatoes, cut in lg. pieces
- 2 cups carrots, cut in lg. pieces
- 2 cups celery, cut in lg. pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bag white pearl onions, frozen
- 1 slice white bread, cut up
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes (and juice)
- 2 tablespoons dry onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- Place all in a large crock pot.
- Cover and cook at low setting for 5 hours.
- Do not stir.
- Add whatever additional vegetables you like.
We made this on the week-end. It was very tasty indeed. Even the children enjoyed it. It's definitely a recipe we will keep and make again. Thanks.
Was very good and the meat tender. We're not big on celery and pearl onions so subbed cut up white onion(large pcs.) and added green beans. Changed meat to Chuck Roast. ended up taking close to 6 hrs cooking time to get carrots and potatoes done. Worth the wait.
The empty crock pot said it all :) but next time I'll change a (very) few things: * First of all I was just too cheap to buy the sirloin & tri tip was on sale - which cooked up perfect & added lots of great flavor * Too many pearl onions for me... next time I'll back off & only use half the ammount * Gotta have gaaaaaaaarlic :) I'll add a minimum of 6 to 10 whole or halved specimens * More bread: maybe two or three slices chopped up * I'll break up the tomatoes (too big & chunky for my crowd)