Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I originally cut this recipe out of a Waldbaum's weekly supermarket flyer. Since their local store closed over 15 years ago, I would say this is pretty old, particularly since it is yellowed and torn. Time to post it here, I guess.
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (about 5 oz.)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut steaks lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 t. oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and garlic (half at a time) and stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink (do not overcook). Remove from skillet; season with salt and pepper.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms in remaining 2 t. oil for 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Add gravy mix and water; blend well. Return to heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Return beef to skillet and gently add sour cream; heat through.
- Serve over noodles.
this was out of this world. So quick and easy and taste is lovely. Made for newest tag.