Recipe by Helping Hands
These pork chops are not only the most tender and moist chops that I have ever tasted, but they are delightfully spicy, as well. Yum-Yum - melt in your mouth chops! From a Dr. Adkins's recipe book!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I fixed these for my family on 4/1/07,and I'm sorry it took me so long to rate them. I used 6 3/4 inch thick boneless chops,and the seasoning as stated in the recipe,only made enough to cover 2 chops.Aside from having to make more of the seasoning,the chops were very moist and tender.The combined seasonings gave the chops just the right amount of "bite".This recipe will be made again,thank you for posting."Keep Smiling:)"
- 4 bone in pork chops or 4 boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cumin, salt, sage, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika in medium bowl.
- Heat oil and butter in skillet or electric skillet to 350°F.
- Coat chops in mixture and add to skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side, then check.
- If still pink, cook longer (you may need to turn down the heat), turning chops and checking as you go.
- NOTE: Goes great with deviled green beans (see Recipe # 89898)!