Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a recipe that I found awhile ago online somewhere. I thought it sounded very good, so I am putting it her for safe keeping!
- Cut two slices French bread diagonally, each slice about an inch thick, OR.
- Cut just one slice French bread diagonally, about 2 inches thick, and carefully open one end and remove some of the bread, making a pocket.
- Mix cream cheese and preserves.
- Spread cream cheese/preserve mixture on one side of sliced bread, and top with remaining slice, making a sandwich OR.
- Stuff pocket in the 2 inch slice of bread with cream cheese/preserve mixture.
- Spread the outside of bread with melted butter.
- Place on grill.
- When browned to your likeness, dust with powdered sugar.
- NOTE: You may add cinnamon, raisins, nuts, cranberries, etc. Or you may make it with cream cheese only, and drizzle with syrup.
Delicious! I used a low fat cream cheese to which I'd added a little honey and cinnamon, raspberry jam and several whole raspberries. When the sandwich was well-browned, I drizzled it with cream and sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar. YUM! :) Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
We used Strawberry preserves and they were Excellent!
I made these for breakfast on Valentine's Day for my wife. She was thrilled that I was making breakfast for her, and even more so when she found out what I was making! We both started eating, and the oowwws and ahhhhhs coming from her lips said it all! She loved them, and so did I! I used Strawberry preserves and low fat cream cheese with excellent results! Thanks for sharing!