This is a recipe that I found awhile ago online somewhere. I thought it sounded very good, so I am putting it her for safe keeping!
- Cut two slices French bread diagonally, each slice about an inch thick, OR.
- Cut just one slice French bread diagonally, about 2 inches thick, and carefully open one end and remove some of the bread, making a pocket.
- Mix cream cheese and preserves.
- Spread cream cheese/preserve mixture on one side of sliced bread, and top with remaining slice, making a sandwich OR.
- Stuff pocket in the 2 inch slice of bread with cream cheese/preserve mixture.
- Spread the outside of bread with melted butter.
- Place on grill.
- When browned to your likeness, dust with powdered sugar.
- NOTE: You may add cinnamon, raisins, nuts, cranberries, etc. Or you may make it with cream cheese only, and drizzle with syrup.