Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Ideal for both breakfast and dessert ;-)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed low-fat graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine Graham crumbs and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add egg white and mix well.
- Press onto bottom of 9- inch springform pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake just until edges feel firm and dry, about 8 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine first amount sugar, flour, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Process cottage cheese in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, egg, and first amount egg whites.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well blended.
- Add vanilla and beat again.
- Mix coffee granules with skim milk until dissolved.
- Add to cheese mixture along with sour cream.
- Beat until smooth.
- In separate bowl, beat second amount egg whites with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add second amount sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg white mixture into cheese mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Rake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until almost set.
- Turn oven off.
- Leave cake in oven for 1 hour.
- Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Run knife along edges of cake before removing sides of pan.
This was a big hit and I was able to acomplish it with only minor cracking issues which were easily covered over with a grated chocolate topping.