Recipe by godsjoyfulkid
This is a fabulous recipe I got from my in-laws...DH and I contend that it's the best pizza dough we've ever tasted! We've also had friends agree - everyone who tries it loves it! *preparation time includes time in machine* *uncooked dough does not freeze well, but cooked pizza/calzones do!*
Top Review by Kelleh79
I've actually only made pizza dough with this recipe one time, and it was the best pizza dough I've found to date. But what I really use the recipe for is making cinnamon rolls! Unfortunately for my wasitline, I make rolls out of this dough at least once a month. This dough is so easy to roll out and makes soft, rich rolls. This recipe alone has made my bread maker worth its weight in gold!! For cinnamon rolls, I roll out 1/2 of the dough (freeze the rest) into a 14" square. Spread 2-3 tbsp butter on it, then sprinkle on a mix of 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon. Roll into a log, slice 1" thick and lay into a 8x8 or 9x9 greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, then top with your favorite icing.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 6 tablespoons margarine, sliced
- 1 egg
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- DOUGH: Add first 8 ingredients to bread maker in order listed, (or however your machine says)select dough cycle.
- At end of dough cycle, once dough has risen, dump dough onto floured board, knead, divide into 2 equal parts and let rest 10 minutes.
- Spread dough on each of two greased pizza pans.
- *This dough also makes excellent calzones, and also great cinnamon rolls -- or so they say!
- Add pizza sauce, toppings of your choice, and cheeses.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven 15-20 minutes (rotate pans about halfway through cooking).
- Remove from oven and let sit for five minutes before cutting.