Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a low fat, low cal, chocolatey cake that can easily be mistaken for the full fat cakes out there. I think its fine with just chocolate chips, but it can be frosted too if you wish.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder (hershey's special dark is my favorite)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl sift together dry ingredients (save the chocolate chips for a later step).
- In a small bowl combine all wet ingredients.
- dump wet ingredients on top of dry and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- fold in chocolate chips.
- pour into ungreased 9X13 pan.
- bake for 25 minutes.
- let cool until firmed up.