Recipe by drhousespcatcher
The original post and recipe is located here: http://www.geocities.com/marbalet2000/Cookies.html
- 1 cup Take Control Light spread or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup shortening, no trans fat
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, crisco and brown sugar.
- Add the rest and mix well then make into rolls and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice 1/4 inches thick and bake on sheet [leave 2 inches in between].
- Bake at 375F for 5 to 12 minutes [check the cookies].
- Cool on sheet for a couple minutes and then remove to wire racks.
- If you want to make the classic version lose the modern ingredients. The original would have prob used lard but --.
- Amount of servings vary depending on cookie lovers hunger. If I am feeding the brother in law [a cookie monster], two nephews and two nieces plus sis [not a cookie fan] it makes for 10 people and the cookie monster don't share. Feel free to add your amount in review. I never actually counted the cookies.