Recipe by Kauaian cook
Fresh vegetables and noodles in a well seasoned teriyaki and pineapple dressing. Recipe was developed by the Kikkoman Co. and found in the Garden Island (Kauai) newspaper.
- 3 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed & cut diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small carrot, peeled & shredded
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, halved, seeded and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, cut into short thin strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki marinade or 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Break noodle blocks into quarters; discard soup packets (or save for stock).
- Cook noodles in 2 quarts boiling water for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; drain thoroughly.
- Place noodles in a large bowl; toss with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Place snow peas in bowl, bring 1 cup water to boil, pour over snow peas and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Drain, cool under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Add snow peas, carrot, cucumber, and bell pepper to noodles.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons juice from crushed pineapple, drain thoroughly.
- Combine reserved juice, teriyaki, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic powder, and remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
- Pour dressing over noodle mixture, along with drained pineapple.
- Mix well to coat all ingredients well and chill.