Recipe by Lee-Ann
I like the sweet and sour taste. This recipe was given to me YEARS ago when I was first married.
Top Review by Martha S.
I have made this recipe for years, except we put diced green pepper in at the end with the sauce. We dice it real small and it is absolutely delicious. It was always one of my family's favorites.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2⁄3 cup cracker crumb
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple (diced,cubed,whatever)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- rice, for guests (I use the 5 minute type)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together hamburger, cracker crumbs, eggs, milk, salt. (I usually add ketchup, Regular BBQ sauce for added flavour, use what ever you like.)
- Shape mixture into meatballs and cook in the oven, in a single layer on a cookie sheet with sides, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, depending on the size of your meatballs.
- While the meatballs are cooking, mix together corn starch and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Drain the syrup from the pineapple and add to corn starch and brown sugar, stirring really well.
- Add vinegar and soy sauce.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into sauce pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- While waiting for the meatballs to finish cooking, cook the rice.
- As soon as the meatballs are cooked, drain them and add them to sauce on stove.
- Add pineapple.
- Place rice on plate and cover with the meatballs and sauce.
- Serve immediately.