Recipe by my2sons
My husband begs me to make this and both my boys love meatballs, this is definately a family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup cracker crumb (like cracker meal or you can crush them yourself)
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon shortening (mix and make into tbsp. size meatballs. brown in shortening)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (save syrup)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (for thickening)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meatballs in shortening, remove from skillet for later use.
- Mix cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice and vinegar until smooth.
- Pour mixture into skillet and cook until mixture thickens and boils (approx. 1 minute).
- Add green pepper,pineapple and return meatballs to pan.
- Cover and heat through.
- Serve over white rice.