Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 chicken, dissected
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can pineapple ring
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon peri-peri
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Wash and drain chicken pieces well.
- Mix flour with spices.
- Sprinkle it all over the chicken pieces.
- Grease a casserole and arrange portions in it.
- Pour syrup from pineapple tin all over the chicken pieces.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven till chicken is nicely browned.
- If needed, dot with a little butter.
- Jus before serving, add pineapple rings.
- Spoon liquid of the pineapple over chicken twice or thrice during baking time (1 1/2 hours) If needed, turn chicken pieces over so that the chicken is a gold colour on all sides.
- Serve hot.
I used chicken breasts for my family of 3, and could not find peri peri, so I diced jalapenos.We loved this. The juice seems to keep the meat from drying out and the contrast of sweet from the pineapple and heat from the peppers works great! I cannot wait to try this with a whole chicken!! Made for BB Tag,2011.