Top Review by Dawn
My family loved this recipe. The recipe makes ample sauce which has a sweet and sour taste. We served the chicken over white rice and the sauce added flavor to the rice also. Try this recipe, it's a nice dish to serve to guests also.
- 1 chicken, cut up (I use 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 bouillon cube (chicken)
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Heat oil in large frying pan and brown chicken on all sides.
- Remove to a shallow roasting pan.
- Arrange pieces skin side up.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare sauce: Drain pineapple syrup into a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add water to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Mix in cornstarch to dissolve.
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, syrup with cornstarch, vinegar, soysauce, ginger and bouillon cube.
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add pineapple slices and peppers.
- Bake 30 minutes more.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!