Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Yummy easy chicken with a BBQ and pineapple sauce.
Make and share this Waikiki BBQ Chicken Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- flour, to coat
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- Coat chicken with mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown in pan, drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken in pan.
- Cover,simmer for one hour.
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
Great recipe! I cooked this at work this morning. I used commercial BBQ sauce and didn't drain the pineapple. As I cooked it in a big baking dish uncovered in the oven for about 45 minutes, it didn't need to be thickened, the flour I dredged the chicken pieces in thickened it enough.
This made a great meal! I didn't use crushed pineapples, I used chunky pineapple and use the whole can. I used honey flavored BBQ sauce. It was wonderful. My wife loved it.
We loved this! I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and after browning the chicken, simmered it for 25 minutes. Served it with a side of sauted green and red pepper strips, and cucumber salad. Great!