Top Review by Gilleebeens
These are fantastic! I substituted raisins for the nuts. I'm going to try almonds and coconut next time, or maybe chocolate chips. These bars are not too sweet and the kids have eaten almost half the batch I just made. Thanks for posting it!!
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 7.39 ml lemon extract
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana (About 2 medium bananas)
- 354.88 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 118.29 ml of chopped nuts (whatever you like)
- 78.07 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Add extracts and banana, beating well.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder; add to wet mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into well-greased 11 X 7-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- While still warm, cut into bars and remove from pan.
- Mix: 1/3 cup powdered sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Gently roll bars in mixture while slightly warm.
- Store in airtight container.