Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
fresh wahoo cooked in griddle pan after 30 min marinade in olive oil, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, lime juice, chillli flakes.
- Make you marinade, mix olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, cayeene pepper, chilli flakes in a bowl.
- rinse and pat dry your wahoo and put in the marinade.
- cover marinading fish and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- heat griddle pan - you don't really need oil because you can use the oil from the marinade whilst cooking.
- put the fish in the pan, add salt and pepper to fish steaks.
- flip them several times for even cooking and add garlic about halfway through the cook time. They take about 15- 20 minutes in total.
I had never cooked or eaten wahoo before. Recipe was easy to follow, but it would have helped to know what temperature to have the pan at, as I just guessed. Fish turned out pretty good, but I was wishing for more flavor--only caught a little bit of the citrus here and there.
Best fish I have ever cooked! I grilled mine but otherwise followed the recipe. This was my first time cooking wahoo. I think it was so good because wahoo is a really nice firm fish but also the marinade is great and easy. Thanks for a great recipe!
Super easy, quick, but most of all delicious.<br/><br/>I would recommend monitoring cook time closely. This fish will become dry if over cooked. Two steaks cooked over medium gas heat in the ribbed pan should be done at 10 to 12 minutes, and I like done fish.<br/><br/>thanks, boat_girl. Excellent!