Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
fresh wahoo cooked in griddle pan after 30 min marinade in olive oil, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, lime juice, chillli flakes.
- 4 wahoo steaks
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- cayenne pepper, spice
- 0.25 ml of crushed chili pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- Make you marinade, mix olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, cayeene pepper, chilli flakes in a bowl.
- rinse and pat dry your wahoo and put in the marinade.
- cover marinading fish and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- heat griddle pan - you don't really need oil because you can use the oil from the marinade whilst cooking.
- put the fish in the pan, add salt and pepper to fish steaks.
- flip them several times for even cooking and add garlic about halfway through the cook time. They take about 15- 20 minutes in total.
Only had enough olive oil to make half recipe of marinade. Used a ziplock bag to marinade fish and it worked fine. Best and easiest fish recipe ever, had one piece left and ate it cold the next day.
I had never cooked or eaten wahoo before. Recipe was easy to follow, but it would have helped to know what temperature to have the pan at, as I just guessed. Fish turned out pretty good, but I was wishing for more flavor--only caught a little bit of the citrus here and there.
Best fish I have ever cooked! I grilled mine but otherwise followed the recipe. This was my first time cooking wahoo. I think it was so good because wahoo is a really nice firm fish but also the marinade is great and easy. Thanks for a great recipe!