Make and share this Wagon Wheels Pasta and Cheese With Chicken and Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained (I use fresh cooked chopped broccoli)
- 1 (16 ounce) boxmini wheels pasta, cooked and kept warm
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray 12 (1 cup) ovenproof ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over med-high heat until melted and hot.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt; add chicken to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cooked through.
- Add flour and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until blended and smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Stir in broccoli.
- Add cooked pasta to cheese mixture, stirring gently until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dishes.
- In a small bowl, combine panko and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over casseroles; bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand to cool slightly before serving.