Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I found this recipe in an old Pillsbury cookbook. The kids love this!
Top Review by coconutcream
This is delicious! It's amazingly creamy and the flavor is just wonderful! I couldn't find shredded American, so I used six singles instead, and that worked perfectly. I substituted gemelli pasta because I couldn't find wagon wheels and omitted the white pepper. This is definitely one that I'll be making again!
- 8 ounces uncooked wagon wheel macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cocktail franks
- 4 ounces shredded American cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook wagon wheels to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; rinse with hot water.
- In medium saucepan, melt margarine. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and wieners; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add cheese; continue cooking until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Add cooked wagon wheels and pepper. Heat thoroughly.