Recipe by Rhonda *J*
Got this from a magazine quite some time ago,from the makers of Catelli Pasta.
Top Review by Tara
I thought this was really good, the broccoli and tomatoes are a nice addition and a nice change form your every day mac salad, I normally use cucumbers in mine. I dont know where the other posters lack of flavour came from. I did add pepper because I love it but the paprkia was a spicy paprkia so maybe that is why. I also used dijon mustard.
- 250 g packages wagon wheel macaroni
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄4 cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise (miracle whip)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook wagon wheels according to pkg.
- directions, adding broccoli during the last four minutes;drain,rinse in cold water to cool;drain well.
- In large bowl combine wagon wheel-broccoli mixture with celery, green onions, cucumber and parsley.
- In separate bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, mustard, paprika& salt;mix well.
- Pour over pasta mixture;toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving add tomatoes and toss gently.