Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
Decadent wee slice that tastes as nice as it looks. Found in the 'Super Food Ideas' magazine, June 2012.
- 285 g butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup jam, raspberry
- 145 g marshmallows, white, halved
- 185 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50 g butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius Grease a 3c deep 16cm x 26cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking papaer, extending paper 2cm from edge on all sides.
- Using an elextric mixer, beat 185gm butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flours over butter mixture. Stir until dough comes together. Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes until golden.
- Spread warm base with jam. Cover with marshmellows, cut side down. Bake for 2 minutes. Remove from oven. Press down on the marshmellows to level the surface. Cool in tin.
- Combine chocolate and remaining butter in small saucepan over a low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 - 3 minutes or until melted. Pour over marshmellows. Tap pan to level surface. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before cutting into pieces with a warmed/hot knife. This makes the cutting of the choclate icing easier.
OMG, I ate one piece of this, then went back for another (and another) at mummamills' place. It's great and now I know it's so simple I'll be making it myself.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe Kiwi Kathy. We really enjoyed this rich, decadent treat. It was perfection, simply perfection. Buttery shortbread, tart raspberry jam, I used colored mini mashmallow (what I had on hand) and a good quality bittersweet belgium chocolate for the best dessert of the week. I will be making this often, it was so quick and easy to make. My granddaughter is going to love this, I'll just have to find some large pink marshmallows so that I can make this for her over christmas.
Love, Love, Loved this.<br/>All I can say is....Where did it all go! <br/>It was devoured by everyone here, all I had was a few tiny crumbs left in no time at all!