Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my kids favorite meals. It makes a great dish for brunch, lunch or dinner. I don't remember where I got this one, but I did add the cheese to the original recipe.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefrozen breakfast pork sausage links
- 3 cups loose-pack frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (with tops)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook sausages until very light brown; drain.
- Generously grease 10 x 1 1/2 inch pie plate.
- Spread potatoes in bottom of pie plate.
- Mix onions, 2 tablespoons milk, salt, pepper and cream cheese; spread over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Arrange sausages in a spoke fashion on top.
- Beat baking mix, 1/3 cup milk and the eggs with wire whisk or hand beater until almost smooth, about 1 minute; pour around sausages.
- Bake uncovered until edge is light brown and center is set, 25 to 30 minutes.
- HIGH ALTITUDE DIRECTIONS (3500 to 6500 feet).
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread potatoes in pie plate.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Continue as directed except- bake about 25 minutes.