WI Cheesehead's Note:
Not sure where I got this! But it's a filling (light on the meat) meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 3Boil pasta, uncovered, for about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente.
- 4Remove from heat, drain the pasta, and then return the pasta to the pot.
- 5Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a heavy skillet.
- 6Add the onion and sauté until soft and lightly brown, about 3 minutes; remove from heat, and add the onion to the pasta.
- 7Cook bacon strips in the same skillet until crisp, set on a paper towel to drain.
- 8Once cool, crumble into small pieces, and add to the pasta.
- 9Add the chicken broth, peas, ricotta cheese, egg, basil, parsley, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to the pasta, and stir to combine.
- 10Transfer pasta to a 7x11 casserole dish.
- 11Sprinkle Fontina cheese and bread crumbs on top and bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and the bread crumbs have turned a golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wagon Wheel Pasta With Ricotta Cheese, Bacon, and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 337.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 17.9 g