Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great chicken salad for take-to-work lunches.
- 4 cups shredded roasted chicken breast
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 cups wagon wheel macaroni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl.
- Add in the tomatoes, peas, celery, and green onion (if not serving immediately, add the peas just before serving).
- Cook pasta per package directions; drain pasta and toss with oil.
- Add parmesan to the pasta; toss to coat.
- When the pasta is cooled to room temperature, add it to the chicken mixture.
- To make the dressing: whisk the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, whisking until it is incorporated.
- Pour the dressing over the salad; toss gently but thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours; serve chilled.
A delicious, healthy, main course salad. Thanks for posting!