Recipe by True Texas
From an FFA/HERO cookbook. If you like sausage and egg casseroles this one has a nice presentation. Cooking time includes chill time.
- 6 sausage links
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage using package directions; drain and set aside.
- Combine cheese and flour in bowl.
- Press into bottom of ungreased round 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Beat eggs, half and half and Worcestershire sauce in bowl until well mixed.
- Pour over cheese layers.
- Arrange sausages spoke fashion over top.
- Chill covered, for 24 hours or longer.
- Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is puffed and set.