Recipe by mommyoffour
This is one of those great ways to jazz up plain old frozen waffles. The kids love this version of waffles. I like them eating it in place of the sweet syrup.
- 8 frozen buttermilk waffles
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, drained, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat waffles as directed on pkg.
- Meanwhile, in medium sauacepan, combine all remaining ingredients except orange segments; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring frequently.
- Fold in orange segments.
- Serve warm fruit sauce over waffles.