Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This Pre-1940's recipe included in my “Grandma’s Wartime Edition Cookbook”
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fat, melted
- 2 egg whites
- Measure, mix and sift the first 4 ingredients.
- Add the milk gradually, then egg yolks and melted fat, mis.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Cook in a waffle iron following directions given for the iron you use.
These were very nice crisp waffles Chef Ain't B's. I served them with homemade preserves Mikekey's Honey-Pear Preserves With Ginger, they were so good together. Thanks for sharing this quick and easy to make waffle recipe.