Recipe by Enjolinfam
Yummy nutritious vegan waffles. I made these for a cooking demonstration at my previous university and they were a hit! This recipe was adapted from the NEWSTART Lifestyle Cookbook. Keep them healthy by pouring fresh blended apples with some cinnamon on top or my Mango Pear Syrup.
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup natural cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal or 3⁄4 cup millet flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth. For small blenders, blend with less of the water, then pour into a pitcher and add remaining water.
- Pour onto preheated, nonstick waffle iron, using enough batter to cover grids and edges.
- Bake until steaming stops, from 7 to 14 minutes, depending on the waffle iron style. If batter gets too thick, add more water and blend before pouring. In my waffle iron I have to make sure to put a generous amount of batter on the iron or it will stick. Waffles may be frozen and reheated in toaster or oven. For variation, blend in a banana.