Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Classic waffle recipe that is just enough for two people (or one really hungry one)!
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 7⁄8 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat waffle iron.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla in another bowl.
- Whisk the milk mixture into the dry ingredients just until the dry ingredients are moistened (lumps are OK!).
- Pour about 1 cup (half the batter) into the center of your waffle iron. Bake according to your waffle iron until they are the crispness you enjoy.
At first when I saw this recipe I thought it would be good, but then when I finished making them I took a bite and they were gummy. These waffles were horrible and would not recommend them to anyone.
Rubber waffles. I'll just adjust my normal recipe accordingly when I want a tiny batch. Yuck.
not adding stars to this review as Im not entirely sure what happened...I measured all ingredients exactly as printed & mixed well...The batter was like water with random lumps throughout...each time i poured a waffle into the iron i had to re-stir because of seperation...Didnt think it would solidify into a waffle but it did although rather wet & limp...I ended up having to make omelettes for breakfast...I'll try it again another time :(