Recipe by LAURIE
Warm and cozy comfort food....delish! So simple too!
Top Review by Mirj
I have a confession to make, I didn't use frozen waffles. They really aren't available in Israel (no leggo my eggo commercials here). I made my own waffles, used the store-bought applie pie filling, and used some of my own vanilla ice cream. I also used candied pecans to sprinkle on top, just pulsed them throught the food processor for just a moment to get them a little "sprinkly". We had these last night for an easy Saturday night supper. It may just become a weekly habit!
- 4 frozen waffles
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1 pint French vanilla ice cream or 1 pint cinnamon, works nice too
- chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly toast the waffles.
- In a small saucepan or the microwave, heat the pie filling until warm.
- On 4 small dessert plates, place a toasted waffle.
- Top each with a scoop of ice cream.
- Top with warm filling.
- Sprinkle with pecans and cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.