Recipe by bbgrl79ca
Derived from Butterick Publishing - A Division of American Can Co. Waffle size (6x5-1/2 inch or 15 cm x 13.75 cm)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat waffle baker.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks, buttermilk, and oil.
- Add dry ingredients and beat in until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour 1/4 of batter onto hot waffle grids.
- Close waffle baker.
- When steam no longer comes from waffle baker, waffles should be golden brown and ready to serve.
- Repeat last 2 steps until batter is used up.