Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A basic waffle recipe. You can cook the whole batch in under 30 minutes.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into mixing bowl.
- Beat egg yolks well and add milk, continue beating slowly adding the sifted flour mixture, beating until completely smooth.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into batter.
- Cook in preheated waffle maker.
- Also makes great pancakes!
Great recipe and wonderful taste. This was a great recipe for breaking in a new waffle iron. I cut the recipe in half and it was just as good. Thanks!
Thanks for the recipe. I had never made waffles before so I decided to buy a waffle maker and give it a try. They were very easy and the kids and I all really enjoyed them.
good, add some cocunut flakes for real fun!