Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Mom's Spiral Recipe Notebook
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons lard (melted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs, milk, & melted lard.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients.
- If sweet waffles are desired, add the sugar.
- Pour onto a hot waffle iron.
Easily converted to a vegan waffle by substituting flax meal for the eggs, using coconut oil in place of the lard, and non-dairy milk of choice. Very tasty! I also added 1 teaspoon vanilla and maybe 1/8 teaspoon of allspice. Thanks.
The dough was a little too thick so I added probably 1/2 cup of milk. The taste is great. I didn't add sugar. Thanks for posting :) Made for Holiday tag game
Very delicious. This is our favorite waffle recipe. I used the oil instead of lard as suggested by another reviewer. I also added fresh blueberries & blackberries.