Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe can be used to make either pancakes or waffles. My dad was always the pancake/waffle maker in our family and this is the recipe that he always used.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, melted
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in milk, eggs and shortening.
- Mix well.
- Bake in hot waffle iron or fry as pancakes in skillet.
- Note: Makes about 14 4-inch waffles, these also freeze well and are cheaper and better than the frozen waffles you buy in the store.
This is a god basic waffles recipe. My family enjoys them!
Easy recipe to make, would be great for savory toppings since there is no sugar in it.
Just realized I was out of waffle mix, and turned to recipezaar for help! This recipe was perfect and I had "real" waffles in no time! I'll definitely be using this again...thanks for sharing!