Recipe by Creamcheese5
I got this recipe in my local news paper.
Top Review by Bondem777
Delicious! I think the beaten egg whites are the key to the recipe. The waffles were tasty and light. I will use this one again and have saved it to my cookbook. I used my Mom's homemade peach jam with this recipe. My husband, who is more of a traditionalist, use syrup. We both pronounced them delicious. I will try some of the suggested add ins next time. Thanks.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 8 large eggs, separated
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, Melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, sugar and baking power into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, milk and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy. Do not over mix.
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter in two additions.
- Ladle about 3/4 cup batter into the waffle iron. Cook the waffles until they are crisp, Golden and cooked through about 3 to 6 minutes per waffle.