Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So much better than store-bought. Delicious with butter and syrup.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- Beat yolks.
- Stir in milk.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into the yolk mixture.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Cook in a waffle iron according to manufacturers directions.
Added 1/4 cup sugar and just teaspoon of vanilla. Also put blueberries in. Delicious. Thanks.
Makes a nice fluffy batter, but there was not much flavor. I was not impressed with this recipe. The prep time was more like 30 minutes for me. I did not see the advantage of making waffles this way.