- 12 slices rye bread
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 12 slices corned beef (1 pound)
- 12 slices swiss cheese (12 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (1/2 stick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat waffle baker according to manufactuer's directions for heating sandwiches.
- Spread 6 slices bread with mustard, allowing 1/2 tablespoon for each.
- Cover each with 2 tablespoons sauerkraut.
- Arrange 2 slices corned beef and 2 slices of Swiss cheese on each.
- Top each with a slice of bread.
- Brush both outer sides of each sandwich with melted butter.
- Bake until cheese begins to melt and sauerkraut is heated.