Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on cdkitchen while looking for sandwich maker recipes. (If you have any not posted here, let me know!)
- 414.03 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml dried basil leaves
- 2.46 ml dried oregano leaves
- 2 (453.59 g) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 396.89 g jar pizza sauce
- 32 small pepperoni slices
- Heat waffle maker with 8-inch-square cooking surface on Medium-High heat setting.
- In medium bowl, mix both cheeses, basil and oregano; set aside.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat pizza sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Place in small serving bowl.
- Unroll both cans of dough onto work surface. Separate each crosswise, making four (7-by-6-inch) rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.
- Place 1 dough rectangle on bottom surface of heated waffle maker, being careful not to open up perforations. Quickly sprinkle 1 cup cheese mixture evenly on top of dough. Place half the slices of pepperoni evenly over cheese mixture. Top with another dough rectangle; close waffle maker. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until sandwich is golden brown.
- With pancake turner, remove from waffle maker; place on cutting board. Cool 30 seconds before cutting.
- Cut into square sandwiches or triangular snacks.
- Repeat with remaining dough, cheese mixture and pepperoni.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.
Yuck. Doughy, bland, and my kid who will eat anything said, "They're okaaaaay but don't make them again." First recipe from this site that didn't garner rave reviews.
These are so easy and fun to make! I was a little nervous about them cooking through, but they did with no problem! Fun kids dinner. Very quick! Thanks for the great idea! What a fun way to use my waffle iron!
yumm!! and really easy and fun to make!