I love that whole flavor contrast/texture experience. Sweet and salty, smooth and crunchy, hot and cold. I came up with this a while ago when I was searching for midnight snack and couldn't decide between a waffle and ice cream. So why not have both? It's not really a recipe, more of a concept. Just use all of your favorites! I used Roselani's Kona Mud Pie ice cream. It's a Hawaiian brand, so if you don't live here, you can't find it. It's a Kona coffee ice cream, with chocolate sandwich cookies, and a mocha fudge sauce. Of course, just use whatever you want! And it's an awesome treat for breakfast! Cooking time is toasting the waffle.
- 1 waffle (frozen or homemade, I used Krusteaz Homestyle)
- 1⁄2-1 cup ice cream, 1-2 scoops your favorite flavor (I used Roselani's Kona Mud Pie, it's a Hawaiian brand)
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot fudge (I used Hershey's)
- 1 -2 teaspoon caramel sauce (I used Hershey's)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped nuts (I used toasted, salted macadamia nuts)
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
- Take out ice cream to slightly soften while preparing waffle.
- Toast (or make) waffle to your liking.
- At the same time, heat up hot fudge and caramel (or any other toppings you would like to use).
- To assemble, place waffle on plate.
- Add scoop(s) of ice on top of waffle.
- Drizzle with hot fudge and caramel (or desired toppings).
- Top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Top with maraschino cherry.
- Enjoy immediately!
I can vouch this is 5 star delicious, as we serve them all the time in our ice cream parlor. We use a homemade Belgian waffle topped with 2 scoops of ice cream (we do have a Mud Pie ice cream that is just like your Kona Mud Pie), Hershey's Special Dark Hot Fudge, Hershey's Hot Caramel Sauce, Wet Walnuts (Walnuts in Maple Syrup), whipped cream and a cherry. They are spectacular and I highly recommend!