1/2 Photos of Waffle Sundaes
caffeine junkie's Note:
I love that whole flavor contrast/texture experience. Sweet and salty, smooth and crunchy, hot and cold. I came up with this a while ago when I was searching for midnight snack and couldn't decide between a waffle and ice cream. So why not have both? It's not really a recipe, more of a concept. Just use all of your favorites! I used Roselani's Kona Mud Pie ice cream. It's a Hawaiian brand, so if you don't live here, you can't find it. It's a Kona coffee ice cream, with chocolate sandwich cookies, and a mocha fudge sauce. Of course, just use whatever you want! And it's an awesome treat for breakfast! Cooking time is toasting the waffle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 waffle (frozen or homemade, I used Krusteaz Homestyle)
- 1/2-1 cup ice cream, 1-2 scoops your favorite flavor (I used Roselani's Kona Mud Pie, it's a Hawaiian brand)
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot fudge (I used Hershey's)
- 1 -2 teaspoon caramel sauce (I used Hershey's)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped nuts (I used toasted, salted macadamia nuts)
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
- 1Take out ice cream to slightly soften while preparing waffle.
- 2Toast (or make) waffle to your liking.
- 3At the same time, heat up hot fudge and caramel (or any other toppings you would like to use).
- 4To assemble, place waffle on plate.
- 5Add scoop(s) of ice on top of waffle.
- 6Drizzle with hot fudge and caramel (or desired toppings).
- 7Top with whipped cream.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- 9Top with maraschino cherry.
- 10Enjoy immediately!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waffle Sundaes
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.8 mg
- Sodium 585.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 10.8 g