- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter, for serving
- syrup, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Do not use non-stick spray on the waffle iron; the oil in the batter will allow the waffle to release easily.
- Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles.
- Serve immediately with butter and syrup.