Recipe by coconutcream
I don't recall where I got this recipe, but it's tasty and rich. Give it a try! Note: By my estimates, the calorie count for this recipe appears much higher than it actually is. Frozen waffles, thin-sliced meats, and the cheese have fewer calories than recipezaar calculates them as having.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 homestyle frozen waffles
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices deli ham (honey ham)
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 4 slices pre- cooked bacon (optional)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat bacon as directed on package; set aside.
- On a plate, layer: 1 swiss cheese slice, 2 ham slices, 1 bacon slice (if using), 1 swiss cheese slice, 1 bacon slice (if using), 2 turkey slices, and 1 swiss cheese slice. Evenly arrange cheese so sandwich will hold together. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add waffles and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until ridges are golden brown and tops begin to soften. Turn waffles.
- On two of the waffles, place the stacks of cheese and meat. Place other waffles on top, toasted side down.
- Cook about two minutes, or until bottom waffles are browned.
- Turn sandwiches. Cover and cook about 4 minutes longer of until waffles are browned and cheese is melted.
- Cut sandwiches in half. Lightly dust with powdered sugar.