Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this with left over corned beef and it was delicious. This makes 2 huge sandwiches as written and I could only eat a half even though it was so good. Please judge your appetite and adjust accordingly!
- 4 slices rye bread
- emeril's Russian salad dressing, to taste Emeril's Russian Dressing
- 8 ounces thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 8 ounces sliced baked ham
- 8 ounces sliced corned beef
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sauerkraut, as accompaniment
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Place 2 slices of the bread on a flat work surface. Spread one side of each slice with the Emeril's Russian Dressing. On 1 slice of bread, stack half of the cheese, ham, and corned beef in layers. Top with the other slice of bread, dressing side down, and push together to form a sandwich.
- Spread softened butter on both sides of the sandwich and place in the hot waffle iron. Cook until the sandwich is golden brown on the outside and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and cut into quarters. Serve immediately with the sauerkraut, and repeat with the remaining sandwich.
Wow, what a great sandwich! For a large party, we made about 10 of these simultaneously on a 2-burner griddle. We used Kevin's Best Corned Beef as the main ingredient. Also, opted to put the sauerkraut in the sandwich. (And, in order to get all 10 sandwiches done at the same time, we had to forego the waffle iron; instead, we simulated the compression by putting a baking pans weighted by a cast iron pan and a kettle of water, on top of the sandwiches as they cooked.) Thank you, cookiedog; we loved this!
I made this with my homemade russian dressing on a toasted whole grain waffle and put it in the oven to warm through and it was delicious.
This was wonderful!!! I've served it several times and I have ended up sharing the recipe nearly ever time.