Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
modified version of recipe from Williams and Sonama January 07 catalog. This is an awesome breakfast and it was fun and easy to make, plus there wasn't a lot of clean up.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 473.18 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 8 slice wheat bread
- Preheat waffle maker and spray surface with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, then add remaining ingredients and whisk until well mixed.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into mixture and turn to cover both sides. Place in waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Top with syrup or powdered sugar.
I got enough batter to do 16 french toasts. So next time I'll do half the recipe with 8 slices of bread. I omitted the nutmeg and used more cinnamon. Thanks Pixies :) Made for I recommend tag game
This was amazing! Very easy to make and we loved it! I followed the directions and ended up with a wonderful breakfast. Thank you for a great recipe.
DH and I LOVED this recipe. It was fun, easy, and tasted awesome. I've found I really enjoy those WS recipes and this is no exception. I cut the eggs & milk in half (only 2 of us) but left the spices all the same as I wanted to really be able to taste them since I used recipe#366749 that I had left over and cut into 1" slices. I used a Belgium Waffle Iron so figured I needed them thick. Then served with butter, syrup AND powdered sugar - and fresh hot coffee YUMMY. Wish I could give more stars - can't wait to make this again for my DGSs.