Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
modified version of recipe from Williams and Sonama January 07 catalog. This is an awesome breakfast and it was fun and easy to make, plus there wasn't a lot of clean up.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 slices wheat bread
- Preheat waffle maker and spray surface with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, then add remaining ingredients and whisk until well mixed.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into mixture and turn to cover both sides. Place in waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Top with syrup or powdered sugar.
I got enough batter to do 16 french toasts. So next time I'll do half the recipe with 8 slices of bread. I omitted the nutmeg and used more cinnamon. Thanks Pixies :) Made for I recommend tag game
This was amazing! Very easy to make and we loved it! I followed the directions and ended up with a wonderful breakfast. Thank you for a great recipe.
This was OK; too much left-over egg mixture. I thought this was a great idea; love waffles, love french toast, but after trying this recipe, I'd rather have either waffles or french toast, but not this hybrid.